My phase 01 project is a Covid Tracker, I found a public API with Data from the day before the actual day that is being fetched. I started planning my project and sketched how I wanted it to look.
I started by creating my files, then I planned what I wanted my website to do and what functions i was going to create to make my website work as I expected. I made a function called “Takedata” to fetch the data from the API. It returned an array of objects.
After I created elements, moved the data that I was fetching to those elements and append it to the DOM.
while creating my website, I faced a bug that I couldn’t fix by myself and I need the help of my instructor John, I was searching one state information but when I look for another State it was printing under the previous state instead of deleting it, that’s when my instructor helped me to create an empty container and move elements to that container.
Adding event listeners was a challenge, it was my first time doing it and I had to google to be able to make them work.
This project made me feel more confident about the skills I’ve learned in the program. I was able to implement everything we’ve been working on for the past 2 months.